Preparing for a Survey
After you have scheduled your survey,
there are a few things that you should make sure you do in order so
that the entire survey will be performed and completed as
promptly as possible:
- Make sure to coordinate the survey with the yacht broker /
- Schedule the haul / launch the vessel if it is a
- Have the keys or combination for all locks and the
- Make sure that all of the equipment, electronics, sails,
etc. are on board for inspection.
- All compartments should be free of miscellaneous materials
that are not part of the vessels equipment.
- Any associated documentation and paperwork should be
available for inspection.
And if you are planning to attend the survey, don’t forget
to bring a pen and pad. We will often recommend repair
methods, routine maintenance, and other information that is
not part of the survey but may help in the upkeep of your